Maybe you already own a glass top stove or maybe you’re thinking of buying one. Glass top stoves, also known as ceramic top stoves, have become quite popular in the past few years. They’re attractive and easy to clean. However, care must be taken to ensure that they do not scratch or even worse crack! Some pots and pans are safer to use than others. So, let’s discuss which is the best cookware for glass top stoves.
The main thing to look for is cookware that is completely flat on the bottom. Flat bottom pots and pans will not only heat more evenly on these type of stoves, but will not move around or rock. This reduces the risk of any scratches on the surface of your stove. Avoid any cookware with raised ridges or rings. Now, most manufacturers will have they’re logo stamped on the bottom, but usually they’re slightly recessed so that the pan remains flat on the stove.
Go with a cookware set that is relatively heavy. Why? Cookware with some weight to it will be less likely to slide around on the surface, thereby reducing the risk of scratching. Even though cast iron cookware is probably the heaviest, take care. Cast iron is not as smooth as other cookware and again scratching could be a problem. A safer bet would be stainless steel or anodized aluminum cookware.
What should you avoid? Well for one thing, glass cookware. If heated to a certain temperature, glass can actually fuse to the surface of the stove! Scary, huh!?! Any kind of light aluminum cookware is also a no-no. It doesn’t conduct heat evenly and can move around too easily. Be careful of any “colored” cookware. The color can actually bleed into the stove surface. Although copper pots and pans are ok, keep in mind that if there is any tarnish on the bottom, this can also stain the stove surface.
Glass/ceramic stove tops are easy to clean. However, its best to use a special cleaner designed for these types of stoves. These cleaners can be found in your local grocery store. Some people have had good results with “Barkeepers Friend” also. The lighter colored rings on these stove tops can sometimes show “little black dots” after use. Usually using a non-scratch sponge and a little elbow grease will remove these marks.
Although it’s said that any kind of cookware can be used on these type stove tops, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Why take a chance on damaging the surface when using the right kind of cookware is less risky. My top two picks would be either stainless steel or anodized aluminum cookware. With all the brands and prices available on the market, it’s just less worry to choose a safe type of cookware. Regardless of what type cookware you choose, be sure to read the reviews before you buy.
- Mirror polished stainless steel, inside and outside, capsulated bottom for even heat distribution
- Suitable for all cooking source electric and gas stove or glass and ceramic
- Capsuled bottom with aluminum disc inside for even heating
- Stainless handle rivet to body provide durability
- Tempered glass lid to clear view while cooking
12-Piece stainless steel cookware set includes 1.1/2-Quart sauce pan with lid; 1.1/2-Quart casserole with lid; 2-Quart casserole with lid; 3-Quart casserole with lid; 5.1/2-Quart stock pot with lid; 10-Inch fry pan with lid.
List Price: $ 55.91
Price: $ 55.91
T-fal E918SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Expert Interior Thermo-Spot Heat Indicator Cookware Set, 12-Piece, Gray
- The unique T-fal Thermo-spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated for cooking
- Prometal Pro nonstick interior is exceptionally durable and scratch resistant, safe for use with metal utensil
- Hard anodized dishwasher safe exterior for long lasting durability
- TechnoResist Anti-Warp base provides outstanding warp resistance and even heat distribution for optimal cooking results
- Riveted silicone handles; Oven safe to 350-degree F; Glass lids; Limited lifetime warranty; Safe for all cooking methods except induction
The unique T-fal thermo-spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated to seal in the flavor of your food. TechnoResist Anti-Warp base provides outstanding warp resistance and even heat distribution for optimal cooking results. Riveted silicone handles, oven safe to 350-degree f, glass lids, limited lifetime warranty, safe for all cooking methods except induction. The Hard anodized dishwasher safe exterior for long lasting durability. The Set includes: 8-Inch Fry pan, 10. 25-Inch Fry pan, 1-Quat, 2-Quart and 3-Quart Covered Sauce pan, 5-Quart Covered Dutch oven, 2 Nylon tools.
List Price: $ 199.99
Price: $ 199.99
- Nonstick Ceramic coating is PTFE-Free, PFOA-Free, cadmium and lead free, Ceramic coating provide superior scratch resistant than traditional nonstick
- Cookware use thick gauge aluminum material provide super heat conductive without any hot-spot in bottom
- Anti-slip coating on handle provide a soft feeling when touch handle, make it comfortable and stay cool during cooking
- Exterior is color paint resistant to high temperature and easy to clean
- Tempered glass lids makes viewing food easy from start to finish; Not for Induction Stove top
What’s in Box: 10 Piece Cookware set includes: Covered Dutch oven 5-Quart, covered casserole 3 Quart, covered sauce pan 1 Quart, covered sauce pan 2 Quart, fry pan 8 inch, fry pan 9.5 inch Fry Pan. Nonstick Ceramic coating is PTFE-Free, PFOA-Free, cadmium and lead free, compare to traditional nonstick coating system, ceramic coating provide superior non-stick performance with resistant to scratch. Cookware use thick gauge Aluminum provide super heat conductive without any Hot-spot in bottom, Anti-slip coating on handle provide a soft feeling when touch handle, make it comfortable and stay cool during cooking.
List Price: $ 57.99
Price: $ 57.99