Gluten is a protein component that is found in wheat flour and is responsible for the chewy feel of the flour made delicacies. It is a component that helps the wheat related products like the barley and rye rise and put the end products in shape. It is also responsible for holding the bread or any other dough made food is compact. Gluten free foods are those foods that don’t have this component and which give similar end products as those with the component. In looking for the foods that don’t contain gluten and which can’t give serious lesions and intestine complications to those people affected by the same, you will need to consider the following tips:
1. You should not knead the gluten free dough because the xantham gum is used and kneading the dough only makes it tough.
2. It is important to let the dough rise before putting it in the oven. Around 20 minutes will be ok. Always take note to let the dough over rise because once in the oven, it will develop a lot of airbags.
3. Always try the recipe time and again. You can always try a new substitute to make your own recipe. It is the trying with the tested gluten free ingredients that will give you the desired results.
4. Indian recipes are known to come free of this compound and will always give exotically delicious meals. Combined with the hotness, these are worth recipes to try out.
5. After cooking these foods, ensure that they are covered well. They are known to lose a lot of moisture in a very short span of time.
6. If baking a cake or anything that is cake related, it is good to let it sit frosting or just glazing it for some time. This softens the cake and thus accentuating its sweet taste.
7. When it comes to cooking essentials, always ensure that you have taken note of whatever ingredients and modifications that you have done. This helps in knowing the ingredients to use in future and what modifications to do then.
8. To make the bread pliable and soft and also full of the original intended savoury taste, avoid eating gluten free bread or product cold. Always warm the bread.
9. In order to have the best results with this flour when making things like pizza, always spread the dough with a spatula to avoid making it rise.
10. Following the instructions is critical in making the bread. Low temperatures will make the bread turn out gritty and very dry.