Lip-smacking, scrumptious and stuffed pizza bread is an easy to prepare and quick snack for a house full of hungry party guests. This is the best dish you can serve when there is less time to cook and more guests to please. With a little garlic-butter brushed on this delicacy will ensure that every bite is heavenly; more so if it is smothered with cheese.
In this article, I am going to talk about this fun recipe. It’s not just a piece of bread but you will get delectable pizza inside!
As for the ingredients, you are at liberty to choose from vegan pizza breads with cheese and vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach or peppers. On the other hand, for non-veg food lovers, you can stuff it with sausage or pepperoni. Try to be a little creative and serve both veg and non-veg so that your guests can choose between the two. Here I will talk about how pizza bread can be stuffed with delicious sausage mixture.
Ingredients for the Dough
”’? One and half cups of warm water
”’? ?? teaspoon of salt
”’? 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
”’? Two and a half cups of flour
”’? 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
”’? Half pound sausage
”’? One tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
”’? ?? cup of cubed onion
”’? 2 cloves of garlic and grated
”’? Half a cup of fresh tomato sauce
”’? ?? teaspoon of red and hot chilli pepper
”’? 6 pounces of fresh mozzarella cheese and sliced
”’? Pepper and salt
You will need one egg for the topping.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
Making the Dough
1. Take a big bowl and add water, salt, yeast and oil. Blend it thoroughly. Next, you add the flour, storing only ?? cup.
Mix well again. Now, you have to add the remaining flour and prepare the dough in a way so that it doesn’t stick to the bowl. Keep adding the flour until you get an appropriate texture. Knead it well till you get the right feel. You will know when the dough is prepared as it will not feel sticky yet a little moist.
2. Put the dough on a clean bowl that has been sprayed with one teaspoon full of olive oil. Now, you have to cover it with a plastic wrap and make sure the cover is tight. Let it rise for about 11/2 hours.
3. Carefully line 2 baking sheets using parchment paper. Next, take a small bowl and beat the egg. Add 2 teaspoons full of water and whisk thoroughly to mix it very well. Keep the bowl aside.
Preparing the Sausage Pizza
1. First and foremost, you need to brown the sausage using a frying pan. Thereafter, you are required to remove it and drain off the excess fat (if any). However, do not wipe the pan.
2. Next you have to fry the diced onions for about 5 minutes gently until they become soft.
3. Add the cloves of garlic and fry for approximately a minute or so.
4. Add the pieces of sausage, pepper, and a little salt to taste. Finally, add chilli pepper and mix it well and allow it to cool for a while.
Stuffing Pizza Bread with the Sausage Mixture
Take the dough and roll it out properly on a subtly floured surface. Use a rolling pin and roll the dough into the shape of a rectangle. Next, simply put the dough on the parchment paper lined baking sheet. Now, spread half cup ketchup on the dough. Make sure that you leave at least an inch perimeter. Put the slices of mozzarella on top and then add the delicious sausage mixture. Carefully folds the edges of the rectangle and roll up the long end of it. Form a loaf and brush a little of the beaten egg.
Finally, you need to bake the loaves for a period of 30 minutes at a temperature of 375o F. Bake till the loaves are golden brown in colour on the top. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes before slicing and serving hot.
You can pair this delightful dish with Pinot Grigio ‘ light tasting and lemony classic or red wine Vinaigrette to keep you and your guests refreshed.
Alternatively, if you do not want the hassle of cooking and keen on tempting the taste buds of your family members and friends, try mouthwatering cheese and meat-stuffed pizza breads in any authentic Italian restaurant.
Hello Friends! I am Jason Bowman, a big foodie. I visit various restaurants often. Presently I am living in Manchester and trying mouthwatering Italian cuisines. I am truly delighted to find that there are many restaurants in Manchester serving pizzas, quite tempting and delicious. In this article, I have shared information on ‘How To Prepare Stuffed Pizza Bread’?
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.