Jun 16 2014 | by ayalnaor | No Comments » |
1/2 cup graham flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk (+ additional tablespoons as needed)
1/2 cup frozen bluberries (optional – no need to thaw)
1. Mix the flours, wheat germ, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add the almond milk and vanilla.
3. Combine with a wire whisk or a fork. Add additional milk a tablespoon at a time to achieve proper consistency. Batter should be fairly thick, but thin enough to drip from the whisk.
4. Add blueberries, and gently mix them in with a large spoon.
5. Preheat non-stick frying pan for 2-3 minutes, at medium temperature.
6. Spoon batter into frying pan, making pancakes about 3” wide.
7. Turn down the heat a bit if necessary, to avoid burning the outside before the inside is cooked. Use your finger to test “done-ness”: the pancakes spring back when pressed.
8. The batter tends to thicken as it stands. Add additional almond milk or water to remaining batter, one tablespoon at a time, to maintain the right consistency.
9. Time to eat! Makes 10-12 small vegan blueberry pancakes, to serve two happy people.
If you have any leftovers, you can always freeze them. They toast up nicely for a quick, easy breakfast anytime. You can also make up a double batch just to have some extras around!
<<All Credits To Author>>