Looking for something creative, easy, and delicious to make for dinner? Homemade pizzas are a great way to make dinner a family fun event, create a variety of unique pizzas, and enjoy a delicious meal! Personal homemade pizzas are perfect for anyone and everyone, as each pizza can be customized to fit an individual’s taste preferences. Choose from an assortment of toppings – mushrooms, BBQ chicken, pineapple, or simply classic mozzarella and tomato to create the perfect pizza for you!
Homemade pizzas are one of my favorite meals to cook, especially when friends and family join the fun. Creating the pizza dough is the first step, which can be made thin and crispy, traditional deep-dish style, or anywhere in between. The fun part is choosing the toppings that will make your pizza as unique and crazy or as classic as you want it.As your kitchen begins to fill with the sweet aromas of mozzarella, basil, red peppers, roasted garlic, rosemary, cilantro, gorgonzola, smoked gouda, prosciutto (the possibilities are endless!), and that powdery, fresh dough, you can almost taste that first mouthwatering bite.
I always love to use fresh and organic ingredients to create a healthy, natural pizza. By using an all-naturalwhole-wheat crust, and selecting organic vegetables, you can keep your pizza light and healthy. For a hearty, filling meat lover’s pizza, pile on the fresh Italiansausage, bacon, pepperoni, assortment of cheeses (from Goat cheese to Gouda), and for the gourmet add anything from pineapple, to bell peppers, to figs. Finally, for a tasty traditional-style pizza, chop up that fresh basil, sprinkle on fresh shredded mozzarella, ripe, thinly sliced tomatoes, some garlic,and drizzle olive oil on top.
Basic pizza dough:
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
(Makes enough for one 10-12 inch pizza)
cup of warm water
package of active dry yeast (1 1/8 teaspoons)
1 cups bread flour (or all purpose flour for crispy crust)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1. To make this incredibly simple and delicious pizza dough, first mix together all dry ingredients in large bowl (yeast, flour, salt). Add water and olive oil and clump mixture together into ball. Knead dough on lightly floured surface to create smooth, round ball (about two minutes).
2. Place the dough back in bowl, cover with a towel, and let sit for one-two hours.
3. Sprinkle a pizza stone with cornmeal and preheat oven to top temperature.
4. Roll out the pizza – as thin or thick as you like – and toss on your toppings!
5. Bake for roughly 10 minutes, or until lightly brown, take out and enjoy!
To learn more about healthy options check out How to make pizza dough or pizza crust recipe.
2011-03-13 – Veggie Pizza, Flaxseed Crust – 0016
Image by smiteme
A homemade veggie lover’s pizza – with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sundried tomatoes, black olives, red sauce and mozzarella Daiya cheese – on a whole wheat flaxseed crust.